Le Mans 24hr Race Replicas
TWR Replicas are pleased to associate themselves with Bailey Edwards Cars, based in South Africa. Acting as a representative and Build agent for European customers we are able to offer several variants of the LM GT40 - Rolling build minus Engine/Gearbox and fully Built-to-Order,ready to drive solutions.
The build quality is of the highest standard with excellent detailing, which puts this replica in a league of its own with a very attractive price tag to match.
Rolling Builds are fully built less Engine/Gearbox and can be supplied painted.
- The space frame steel chassis (which has a torsional stiffness of 18500Nm/deg) and suspension were designed by an Automotive Engineer to replicate and better the original vehicle design where possible.
- The front suspension is a fully independent double wishbone type. The rear is also an independent double trailing arm with transverse top link and lower wishbone.
- The suspension has height adjustable coil over springs and shocks and an anti-roll bar at the front and rear. The suspension is a fully adjustable set-up with rose joints.
- Brakes are 4 pot AP Racing calipers with vented discs all round.
- The rims are 15-inch BRM alloys with center pin knock-on and peg drive as on the original or 16-inch 3 piece alloys to suit a 10.5” front slick and 13” rear slick.
- The original style body comprises eight molded fibreglass sections using polyester resins.
- The interior has original Smith gauges; 13-inch, 3 spoke steering wheel; as well as floor mounted Tilton pedals. We now have sliding seats with increased cockpit space for tall drivers up to 6 foot 5 inches tall! Seats and dash have either full leather or suede option.
- Air conditioning is available as an option.
- Other options include a 4-point racing harness.
- The chassis was designed to take a small block Ford 302 cubic inch V8 engine, matched to a "Porsche Type" 5 or 6 speed transaxle gearbox, which can be sourced on request.